Hay on Wye

We visited Hay on Wye in the autumn and had a good long wander around the bookshops and the town. It's quite photogenic and well worth a visit.

So what did I come away with? Let's see:

Hmm. This is a standard picture of Hay Castle with nice side lighting, but to me its just a tourist shot.  Try again...



This next one has more potential. A splash of Autumn colour improves the view, but it still doesn't say "Hay on Wye" to me.



Next please: This is a bit more like it. The bizarre outdoor shop. Never thought of putting your books outside? Why not? Just think of the extra space you would have in the house.



Anything else? Well this is an odd angle. The old timber was holding up some walls. I do like the grain. Maybe I've gone off the subject a bit though.




Finally, from the outdoor shop: I'm quite pleased with this little detail that also catches something of the town for me.


Comments

  1. Loving the second picture. As a resident of Hay it's always good to see pics of this quality. Cheers Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, most kind! We must go back to Hay, perhaps in the summer next time. Very nice place...

    Pete

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff