Street seen

Street photography is not really for me. I feel happier photographing landscape than I do photographing people. However, with the right camera or the right circumstances I sometimes turn up the occasional street scene.

Here is the fruit and veg stand at our local market. I took this from the hip with my cheap FED50 film camera. Focus by zone, click and hope!




I spotted this conversation in a square in Avignon some time ago. It was a grab shot of what seemed an interesting subject. This sepia tint image has had the Orton Sandwich effect added.

I wonder if you have to get a signed model release these days to do this? That would have slowed Cartier-Bresson down eh?






Here we have a lace maker on the streets of Omodos in Cyprus. I fear we did not buy any lace from her, though we did buy a tablecloth further down the street. Perhaps that counts.





Street scenes. Hmm. Some folks do it effortlessly, I feel I need to practice more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff

Casting a shadow