Digital Dawn

To continue my journey to digital photography I started yesterday, we move to 2005 when I bought the excellent Olympus 8080WZ. This award winning camera had a truly excellent lens in the best tradition of Olympus. It was built like a tank and produced sharper pictures than the Fuji.

It was a "bridge" camera: It handles a little like a SLR but has a non interchangeable zoom lens. This was its main weak point.  In general it was very pleasing to use and the excellent Zuiko lens impressed me a great deal. Here is an example picture, a rainy shopping day in Rottingdean.





Finally I decided that digital SLRs had come of age and I bought the smallest DSLR on the market at the time, the Olympus E400. Since then I have traded up several times but I remain most impressed with Zuiko lenses.

Here's a winter shot. This is the high street in Marlborough all dressed for Christmas, taken at dusk one clear December Saturday. In this case an Olympus E620 delivers the goods.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff

Casting a shadow