Pier review

Here is the old slate quarry jetty at Easdale off the Isle of Seil, western scotland. There must be something about the bones of dilapidated piers and jetties that catches my eye, because I have some previous form with these subjects.





So, here we are on Holy Island, the other side of the country. This the the derelict remains of another maritime structure, long since gone.




I wonder what draws me to these? I think they retain an air of mystery. So little remains, yet they must have taken geat effort to construct and maintain. Who built them? How long have they weathered the storms and what was their purpose?



Finally, here's a Pier found at Netley, near Southampton on the south coast, captured in gritty black and white some years ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting a shadow

The white stuff