Lock bolted

I like taking pictures. The actual process of seeing the image and capturing it in the way I wanted is endlessly fascinating. I put them on the web, and I print and display a few of them. I do not sort and catalogue my images exhaustively, that would take too much time.

I used to use Photoshop Elements, with its slightly toy town interface, and that included an image catalogue section. In fact it was quite hard to escape its vice like grip, so I did attempt to sort and tag my images by date and context, but it was such a pain that I soon gave up.

This cavalier attitude does come back to bite me now and then: 

Here, for instance,  is a picture taken at Newbury Lock on the Kennet and Avon canal. This is located in the centre of the town and I have countless boring and conventional shots of it, but I wanted to show something different. So, here is my alternative take on it.



Now I wanted to add another image I remember taking in the same place, something equally unconventional, but because I don't catalogue and tag my images, I can't find it. I don't recall which year it was taken so it lurks somewhere in the fifteen thousand pictures on my disks. Maybe there's a lesson there. 

However I still don't plan to go back over all those pictures, sorting and tagging them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff

Casting a shadow