Bunting

Yes, Bunting. You will be pleased to know that the origin of the word is unclear... Anyway, here we are in the small North Hampshire village where I work, and quite suddenly the bunting is out, covering the large village square. Some of the longest bunting I have seen, no less than eight streamers of it stretching from the old well cover to the trees and telegraph posts at the edges of the green.




Colonial cousins and those from distant shores may wonder what is going on. Well, firstly it's Easter so we have a long weekend, then there is a Royal Wedding apparently, which combines with the May holiday to create a second long weekend immediately after the first.




I fear that all this national frolicking will turn the mind of the man in the street. We may  become feckless and inherently lazy, rather like johnny foreigner.... 



By the way, I wonder if you can get Pro Bunting?

I only ask because "Professional" has become the new normal. If you want to sell something in today's meerkat, it seems to me it has to be labelled "Pro"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff

Casting a shadow