Weird

On occasions I see something that is weird, and so I take a picture of it if I can. Other times I come up with a weird idea and make the picture happen. I think this is perfectly reasonable behaviour, painters do it all the time.

As to this first image, I will make no further comment:




Now this one I will explain. It's an object trouvee. The water in the bird bath froze overnight and the advancing ice squeezed long lines of bubbles out of the water in the process. The result was really rather striking, and I was able to get this image using my macro lens and some careful selection of background and lighting.




When you have a slightly odd view of the world, its nice to know you are not alone. Some unknown kindred spirit saw fit to place these on the wall of a restaurant in Marlborough. What a hero!




Here is an example of a created weird image. I call it "The road to St Remy" as a tribute to Vincent. There's a bit of grain in the image.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff