Parallel

I do like my parallel lines. Give me a view with something straight that stretches away into the distance and I am happy. My picture of the lines of trees at Christchurch College meadow featured elsewhere on this blog is an early example of this fixation.

Thus I was pleased to see these excellent views out and about round the village recently. The low winter sun sharpens this view of the remains of last year's crop. Strangely, this stubble field has not been ploughed and drilled with new seed. I wonder what they plan to do? Build houses on it?




Here's another example. This time the low sun gives me a very convincing set of parallel shadows drawing the eye towards the outskirts of the village in the background. I didn't feel the colours were strong enough to support the image so I converted it to monochrome with a very slight tint.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff