Going Home

After yesterday's gloriously faked pictures, here's one that is gloriously genuine. This was just as seen, taken using 600mm equivalent telephoto lens*.




After so many dismal days this last month, I was very pleased to see some sunshine and blue sky today. There was the makings of a fair sunset so I drove home the wrong route. (There is clearly a right route, its shorter but uglier). Here on the wrong route I finally found my shot. A March sunset over Watership Down, North Hampshire.

I do like the back lit mist effect in the valley trees, something similar is visible at sunrise under the right conditions.

*Technical note regarding this Olympus lens. That's actually a 600mm equivalent zoom lens, no lens hood, straight into the sunset: And no lens flare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting a shadow

The white stuff