Gate and Tree

The five bar gate, upstaged by new leaf growth this week.

The tree guards the gate to the village playing field. The gate is only opened to allow the mower in once a fortnight. No-one else uses it. In fact I see very little evidence the field is used for sports at all. It is always deserted when I call by on my lunchtime wander. This is fine: I do love peace and quiet. The older I get the more peace and quiet I require.







Towering trees, upstaged by the mighty Cow Parsley down the village lane this lunchtime. 

Apparently Cow Parsley is considered edible but it has a somewhat unpleasant flavour. I would mark it down as inedible in that case...




The lovely narrow depth of field in these pictures is brought to you courtesy of my 1980s Tamron SP90 macro telephoto lens. This wonderful piece of mechanics and optics is now classed as a Legacy lens, meaning heavy and well made...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff

Casting a shadow