Bugs and blooms

A hover fly thingy caught on an Echinacea flower. 

Small things can be really quite complicated innit. All that tiny detail. Here I used the excellent Zuiko 45mm portrait lens which is not known as a macro lens. In this case I put it on an extension tube to get in closer. Even with autofocus it takes me dozens of attempts to get a half decent result. I suspect the key to this is using flash not daylight...




Here we are closer still. This time I used my excellent Tamron SP90 macro lens, which dates back to the 1980s. This is firmly manual focus, and once again many shots are needed to get the right look.I do love those oranges and reds this flower displays, if you get good and close to it.


No. I don't think macro is my cup of tea. It's nice to give it a try now and then, but I don't have the patience that a good bug snapper needs.




Comments

  1. I have to say the shot taken with the SP90 is really delightful. This result was worth the effort I reckon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff

Casting a shadow