Better Late

Sorry. Today's post is late. I had an early start and an *unusual trip into London, so I had no time to prepare my daily words of wisdom

*Unusual trip into London as in : I don't usually go near the place, but I digress.

Anyway, you think this post is late? What about this picture then... This picture is forty years late.




This is from the earliest slide film I shot. This panorama was taken on Kodachrome in April 1971 from the White Horse hill at Uffington. (Click on it to see the big version)

I clearly took two pictures which could be spliced together. It was my first attempt at a panorama and I didn't leave any overlap in the images, in fact I managed to leave a gap. Quite what I intended to do with two individual Kodachrome slides is a mystery: Photoshop hadn't been invented. Computers hadn't been invented for that matter.

So. Forty years on, I've finally assembled the pair of pictures. Sorry it's late. 

BTW. Anyone fancy going back to the same spot and taking a comparative picture?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff

Casting a shadow