Shooting birds

I am hopeless at bird photography. The local Kites laugh at me wandering aimlessly below, always with the wrong lens on the camera, missing the critical moment. I can't even get a decent shot of the Pigeons on our lawn.

Other photographers take fantastic bird images, but then again they spend all day dressed in camouflage gear in a hide somewhere waiting for the momentary appearance of the Lesser Spotted Snoffit.

None of that for me thank you. 

Here's my secret. If you want a fantastic wild Heron picture like this one...




... Just go to Birdworld in the afternoon when they feed the Penguins, and wait for the wild Heron to arrive. 

Snap. Job done. (Just avoid getting the crowds or the penguins in the shot as it ruins the effect)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting a shadow

The white stuff