3 shot trick

What do these two pictures have in Common?







Well. They are in fact the same picture. I tried to take a three shot panorama of St Nic's church in Newbury as an experiment. I used my ultrawide angle lens but I was still far too close really.

I passed the three files to Photoshop and started the autoalignment routine. I cannot imagine the maths involved to make these transformations. I can report that my attempts to do it at 16 bit resolution brought the PC to its knees and I had to abort the process. Photoshop creates various new layers and the image quickly grows to 570Mb. Task manager showed that 2.5Gb of memory was commited at one point.

I guess the attempt to carry out these transformations on that much data proved too much.So, I started again at 8 bit resolution and eventually those two different projections came out.





Here is my attempt at joining the three shots without maths. As you see it is less than optimum...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting a shadow

The white stuff