Lightfield

Apparently photography as we know it is dead. A lightfield camera has been announced that allows you to focus the image after you have taken it. One snag is that the inventor is marketing the camera himself rather than licencing the technology to camera makers. Hmm. We shall see.


This reminds me of a lecture I attended a decade ago about the use of Fractals in image resizing. Either the inventor was cunningly keeping the inner details to himself, or the process is too complex for mortals to understand, or he was just too intelligent to get the information across. I came away ignorant. The idea eventually became a product, but the World Revolution promised never happened.


As to the technology I used to create today's picture? I'm afraid I can't tell you. I put it into Photoshop and tinkered for five minutes and then stopped when I saw something nice :-)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting a shadow

The white stuff