SPQR

It's voting time. 

We went and exercised our democratic right, empowering someone I have never met to represent me in all things political. In this case the winning candidate will be wasting my money in Strasbourg rather than in Westminster, but as long as the money is wasted, then that is what's important.

In the long voting form, amid all the usual main players, and mixed in with the minor and weird parties I spotted a logo like a Centurion. This is the "Roman Party". No further information.

I am intrigued. The Roman Party? Are the Romans really coming back? 

Maybe that wouldn't be such a  bad idea. We would be part of a large, expanding and influential empire, with good communications, excellent wine and unusual entertainment events.

Oh, and of course there are those famously straight straight Roman roads...



I bet their roads weren't full of potholes.

Comments

  1. Hungerford common, perchance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No... Just outside Dijon in France.
      Signed, your well travelled host.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff

Casting a shadow