Misleading

Oh, timeless image of an old country church on a Winter afternoon.

Is this an old church? Yes, most certainly, it dates from the Saxon era with long and short work. So, is this an old wall? No, I'm sure it's not as old as the church. 

Well is the window old? Hmm. The masonry looks quite old. The version on the other side of the church is so crisp that it must have been replaced or restored. On that basis I guess it might be medieval. What about the leaded glass then? No, I'm sure that's Victorian.

So, the old oil lamp... I suspect it's fake. It has been converted to electricity or perhaps it never was an oil lamp. 

And the nice glow of an incandescent bulb? No, I'm afraid that is one of those new CFL lamps 


Oh dear, nothing is as it seems, it seems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting a shadow

The white stuff