Trumpet

The village green has sprouted daffodils a plenty this past week. What a cheerful sight they are after all this Winter we've been having.



This is a classic context picture. I framed it to include the church in the background and I selected a viewpoint that brought the daffs closest to the camera, Next I adjusted the zoom to get the right relationship between foreground and background, and finally I chose an aperture that gave me narrow focus on the nearest blooms while leaving the church recognisable.





Here is a similar picture, but the narrow focus has been emphasised further. Click on the DOF label to see more..

These pictures are in memory of Dad, who had a soft spot for Daffodils, and for Mum who died recently.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff

Casting a shadow