Shiny Hands

What do you do while you hang around outside the ladies changing rooms in a department store? 


I am assuming you are a bloke and you are waiting for your wife to try new clothes on: If you hang about outside ladies changing rooms for other reasons, then maybe this post isn't for you...




Personally, I spend my time on those occasions observing the retail shop dressings and I am particularly interested in these strange mannequins. 

If you think back, these would once have to be reasonably lifelike with painted eyes and lips, and the more they tried the less lifelike they seemed.

So, over the years they have become more and more abstract. Our local store introduced featureless models in shiny white last year, but now I see they come in black and even chrome.



This would be a downright disturbing presence in our home or down the pub.... 

So why do we accept a chrome humanoid with no face as acceptable store dressing? 

Why don't I get out more?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff