Counter point

Placing light agaisnst dark is an old watercolourists trick, but it works just as well for photographers. I caught this fellow taking a well earned rest in the farm yard one morning with strong backlight. I quickly swapped lenses as I got out of the car and moved slowly around to get the dark wall in the background.

You only get one click then your subject looks round and spoils that alert looking profile view...




Here is a counterpoint of colours. These two trees adjacent to the village green produce wildly different leaves, so I spent some time wandering around in the road seeking the best composition. This shows that landscape photographers are just as dangerous on the road when walking as when driving :-)


There's more of my ramblings on contrast and counterpoint here...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff

Casting a shadow