It's a Wrap

Oh I say: My new laptop has a carbon fibre lid:


No, that is wrong on both counts. It is a second hand refurbished laptop off ebay. It arrived with a nice brushed metal lid that was marred with scratches and light dents. I also discovered that the lid was slightly slippery and there was a risk of dropping the thing as I lifted it out of my back pack.

So I bought some Carbon Wrap, much loved by the car customising community. The result is fairly convincing... the dents are disguised, the scratches are covered and it is easier to carry...



I come from the generation that covered its kitchen doors in fake teak Fablon sticky backed plastic, so I remember just how awful that can look if done badly.

It is all in the details, where the wrap meets the edges. If there is any hint of the vinyl fakery then the effect is lost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff