Lorem

Here is a picture I took from my earliest photographic days. This was taken on Kodachrome in 1972, and I probably used a Praktica L camera judging by the date. I scanned it a few years ago with a DSLR and macro lens.

I can generally remember the circumstances behind almost all the fifteen thousand pictures I've taken and kept over the years. Some memory is jogged by the image when I see it. In this case I have no idea where this country church would be**. I would guess it was near Abingdon or Oxford, or perhaps Canterbury. I must have been impressed enough by the sunlight on the double sided wooden lectern to devote a valuable slide picture to it.

Ah well, to quote the Latin: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. 



**Update. This is Little Wittenham church south of Abingdon. Incredibly, the Google image search facility found someone else's image in the same church and matched it to mine. The wonders of modern technology.

If only film cameras recorded EXIF data like digital ones do. How did we ever manage?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting a shadow

The white stuff