Listening

Driving to work, I generally listen to favourite tracks on the MP3 player. 

Driving home I often have the Third Progamme on, providing they are not broadcasting silence, as they often like to do. I also like the Home Service in the mornings, provided they don't start an argument with the interviewee. 

No, nothing starts the day better than your favourite artist and your favourite album.

Who may they be? I hear you ask.. 

Well, I like "Liejacker" by Thea Gilmour, "After the Morning" and "Hill of Thieves" by the excellent Cara Dillon and "Annabella" by Libby Johnson. However the best of the bunch for me this month is the 2005 album "Fearless" by Yvonne Lyon. She has put so much work into the words, and projects the songs so well. 

I bought it direct from her web site and got a post card with the CD signed by Yvonne herself. Wonderful :-)




So, what is the common thread amongst these singer songwriters? I came across them on the Bob Harris weekend show over the past years (it's on the Light Programme by the way). 

Eventually I went out and bought the albums and have not been dissappointed, so thanks Bob, and thank you ladies...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff

Casting a shadow