New Tricks

One new trick that my old school camera won't do is "Live View". This feature allows you to use the rear screen on your DSLR to compose, focus and take the picture. This is a trick that has become standard practice on compact cameras and when Olympus introduced it on the E330 some years ago it was panned as a solution looking for a problem.

Well, here is a problem that Live View solved for me: I wanted a close up of this ornate moulding in Halifax Town Hall, one of a series on a balcony railing. Fortunately I had my newer E620 camera with me, so I unhooked it from the strap and using the live view, I was able to frame and take the shot while leaning over the handrail.




Problem sorted with a new trick..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting a shadow

The white stuff