-ing

Now here's a rant for you. I wish to complain about the tide of company "tag phrases" or "mission statements" that decorate lorries and posters these days. 

The key word must end in "-ing" and it seems to me that everyone is Delivering, Supporting or Providing these days and I've had enough of it.

My attention was drawn to this last year when our local bus service had a makeover and a new livery bus appeared on the streets with the phrase "Delivering Transport Excellence" on its sides.  


Delivering Transport Excellence?  It's only a bus for goodness sake, how excellent can it be?






Once you start looking you will see there are other critical words that must appear in your mission statement. Thus in the spirit of this brave new world, I give you..



Snaar Photography: Providing Sustainable Connectivity for All








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff

Casting a shadow