Roll your own part 1

Oh dear me, I have been overtaken by another addiction.

I have entered the seductive and slightly shocking world of valve amplifier modifications. 

You thought those old noisy valve guitar amps were dead didn't you. You thought it was all done on computer these days. 

Well, yes it probably is, but there is a growing group of individuals who stick to the old fashioned ways in search of that elusive and perhaps unobtainable tone. So, after a summer spent modifying Leo Fender's commercial valve amplifiers, I decided to start from zero and build an amp. This has now reached the point where the next step will be applying power. I think I will check the circuit carefully, twice, before I do that. 

If you are interested, this will be a dual 6V6 version of the 5F2A with my own tone stack and pre-amp modifications. Oh, you aren't interested.... :-)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff

Casting a shadow