Backwards

Old is the new new, apparently.

Here is a picture taken with a twenty first century digital camera and a fairly good lens. It's the sort of gear I might use to take a nice landscape.

But look, I have managed to create a nasty, grainy, black and white picture with light fall off at the edges. It's an image that sums up everything about cheap film cameras that we laboured so hard to leave behind us.

Now this old and awful look is available on your digital camera at the click of a button. Old has become the new chic.


I decided on a suitable subject for this little demonstration. It is my one remaining film camera. This Russian FED50 cost me £14 brand new in the mid 1990s and I bet it could still produce better images than these modern "art filters" create.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The white stuff