A coffee and a croissant twice. That will be ten pounds sir. Ah yes, but this is a trendy coffee shop that has just opened in town and the curious are still thronging the place before there is the inevitable exodus to the next new thing. BTW: It is a good thing I cleaned my cutlery when I arrived. I hate to think how much our short break would have cost with a clean fork... Harrumph.
Outside your comfort zone, that is... Generally I photograph landscapes or buildings, and sometimes abstract shapes. I am not really a people photographer, and the few occasions I have photographed a wedding, it has been a very trying experience. So, what to do when asked if you can do a small fashion photo shoot for company that sells equestrian clothing. They can call on the services of Sienna, a local model. All I have to do is sort out the pictures. The first thing is to buy some second hand off camera flashes from e-bay. These are the sort that can be operated in manual mode. Next, I need to learn about lighting and the Strobist blog is the definitive pace to start. Now I need some light modifiers, in this case, those large springy circular diffusers. Finally, its just a matter of going for it and adapting my methods according to the results on the camera rear screen. It was an awful rush in poor light against the clock, but I think I learnt a lot and...
The North Door. Built by Normans* - bricked up by Victorians. Photographed by a Viking. *Why were they all called Norman? Answers on a tapestry please.
Comments
Post a Comment