This is part of a short sequence using the Olympus Pen with the Zuiko 50mm macro. This combination is capable of producing very sharp images, and was well suited to the sharp low lighting at the weekend.
A coffee and a croissant twice. That will be ten pounds sir. Ah yes, but this is a trendy coffee shop that has just opened in town and the curious are still thronging the place before there is the inevitable exodus to the next new thing. BTW: It is a good thing I cleaned my cutlery when I arrived. I hate to think how much our short break would have cost with a clean fork... Harrumph.
Outside your comfort zone, that is... Generally I photograph landscapes or buildings, and sometimes abstract shapes. I am not really a people photographer, and the few occasions I have photographed a wedding, it has been a very trying experience. So, what to do when asked if you can do a small fashion photo shoot for company that sells equestrian clothing. They can call on the services of Sienna, a local model. All I have to do is sort out the pictures. The first thing is to buy some second hand off camera flashes from e-bay. These are the sort that can be operated in manual mode. Next, I need to learn about lighting and the Strobist blog is the definitive pace to start. Now I need some light modifiers, in this case, those large springy circular diffusers. Finally, its just a matter of going for it and adapting my methods according to the results on the camera rear screen. It was an awful rush in poor light against the clock, but I think I learnt a lot and...
The North Door. Built by Normans* - bricked up by Victorians. Photographed by a Viking. *Why were they all called Norman? Answers on a tapestry please.
Comments
Post a Comment